Tablets have become popular owing to their two most worshiped features – portability and compactness.
When looking for a new tablet, you may have a budget in mind that you want to stick to. There are many tablets out there to choose from and you may find that some options are right at your price range.
When looking for the best cheap 10-inch tablets, there are a few things you may want to keep in mind. You may want to look at the most popular tablets, such as the Apple iPad, Microsoft Surface 3, Samsung Galaxy Tab, and the Google Nexus 10.
While they are portable, many users have complained about smaller, cramped screens. This issue has been catered to by introducing bigger screen tablets, such as the Cheap 10-inch tablet. These tablets provide much better user experience, especially with multitasking and multi-window viewing.
Moreover, with 10-inch tablets, consuming media results in a much better experience. These affordable tablets are a perfect size, neither too big (spanning 12-13 inches) nor too small (6-7 inches) – just the right combination of portability and exceptional user experience.
Best Cheap 10-Inch Tablets List
Here are the best 10-inch tablets available in the market for you to choose from. Each one has been reviewed on the basis of design, performance, and display so that you may bring home your ideal tablet.
1. Amazon Fire HD 10 Review
- Processor: MediaTek quad-core up to 1.8 GHz
- Storage: 32 GB/64 GB (expandable storage up to 256 GB)
- RAM: 2 GB
- Camera: VGA (front) + 2 MP (rear) and 720p video recording
- Battery life: 10 hours
- Weight: 17.7 oz (1.1 lbs.)
Amazon has introduced a new and improved version of its Fire HD tablet. It tops the list for best large-screen tablets with a myriad of impressive features.
The tablet comes in a plastic shell, allowing more than a single color option this time with a large footprint relative to other similar tablets. It comes in a cheap yet comfortable design, making reading and viewing videos quite the experience.
Fire HD powered with a quad-core processor and 2 GB RAM that are an upgrade from the tablet’s predecessor in terms of speed and multitasking. With this upgraded tablet, you can enjoy light multitasking and overall seamless experience when it comes to performance.
Fire HD 10 features a full HD IPS display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. You essentially get more brightness, vibrancy and great graphics. Videos and images had never looked better on an Amazon tab.
- Offers a 1-year limited warranty
- Available in 3 colors: Black, Marine Blue, and Punch Red
- It comes at an affordable price
- Features hands-free Alexa
- It has a full HD display
- The plastic build does not ensure durability
- The camera resolution is poor
2. Simbans TangoTab Review
- Processor: Quad-core MTK8163 1.3 GHz/core
- Storage: 32 GB (expandable up to an extra 32 GB)
- RAM: 2 GB DDR3
- Camera: 2 MP (front) + 5 MP (rear)
- OS: Google Android 7 Nougat
- Weight: 1.26 lbs.
- Color: Black
If you are in search of a proficient tablet for enhanced multitasking, the Simbans TangoTab is ideal. Tango tab comes with various connectivity options that you’ll simply love. It is a perfectly sized tablet that can fit into your hands while reading or watching your favorite TV series. This Tab also has a compact and portable design that helps you take it along wherever you go, especially while traveling.
It comes equipped with a powerful processor, making multitasking all the more easy and hassle-free. Furthermore, there is ample storage space provided for you to download games, applications and anything else you want.
Tango tab features a 10-inch IPS HD display with a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels, allowing you to watch movies and play games in amazing graphics. It ensures perfect brightness, contrast, and vividness.
- Features a 1-year warranty
- It comes with a faux leather case
- A screen protector has been pre-installed
- You also get travel adapters in the package (USA and Europe) as a bonus
- It has been certified by the FCC and CE for safety and quality
- Features numerous connectivity options such as HDMI, GPS, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- The plastic build is not very durable
- The speakers can give a distorted result on the maximum volume
3. Lenovo Tab 4 Review
- Processor: Quad-core Snapdragon 1.4 GHz
- Storage: 16 GB
- RAM: 2 GB
- Camera: 5 MP (front) + 8 MP (rear)
- OS: Android 7.1 Nougat
- Battery life: 20 hours
- Weight: 0.68 lbs.
- Color: Slate Black
If you like the 8-inch version of Lenovo’s Tab 4, you’ll fall in love with this 10-inch display. With exceptional battery life and solid performance, there is hardly anything you’ll be disappointed about in this large-screen tablet.
It may not receive any points on the aesthetics, but the overall appearance is quite functional. It has been designed using plastic gunmetal-gray edges and a solid black back. The grip is quite sturdy, so there is no fear of the tablet slipping out of your hands. However, despite its thin frame, it may not be the most lightweight option out there.
Its powerful processor gives you a decent amount of speed. It scores modestly when it comes to performance, allowing you to exercise light multitasking. It’s not recommended for playing graphic-intensive games since image quality is not as sharp.
It features a 1280×800-pixel display resolution, so it may not provide the same vibrant colors you’d get with high-end tablets. However, detailing and sharpness are well on point.
- It comes with an excellent battery life
- Comes equipped with a powerful camera for brilliant pictures and video quality
- Features front-facing speakers that ensure optimal sound quality
- Also have microSD slot for expandable storage
- It seems heavier than other 10-inch tablets and is not so travel-friendly
- The display quality seems dubious and can further be improved
4. Samsung Galaxy Tab A Review
- Processor: Exynos 7870 octa-core 1.6 GHz
- Storage: 16 GB
- RAM: 2 GB
- Camera: 2 MP (front) + 8 MP (rear)
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Battery Life: 13 hours
- Color: Black
- Weight: 1.16 lbs.
If you are a fan of Samsung products, you’ll really enjoy this tablet from its Galaxy series. It has been priced appropriately for the performance it provides.
It comes with moderate bezels featured on all four sides of the tablet, which makes the tablet safe for use by children. Moreover, it’s a little heavier than other 10.1-inch tablets, and the design is more functional than eye-catching. Despite a plastic exterior, it is not prone to bending or flexing.
It runs on an octa-core processor, so you may be able to use demanding applications on it. Multitasking must be kept light but it is possible. In terms of storage, it comes equipped with a MicroSD slot for you to expand it further up to 256 GB.
It features a 10.1-inch display with a 1920×1200-pixel resolution, offering a decent density of 224 pixels per inch. You can, therefore, use it for video streaming, web surfing and doing work-related tasks. If you wish to use the tablet outdoors, the AMOLED screen model is most preferred.
- Comes with a large display, so you can enjoy reading and watching movies
- It ensures a long battery life in a single charge
- It has been priced just right – neither too high nor too low
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- It enables a multi-touch feature
- It’s not as lightweight as its counterparts
- The performance can be further improved
5. Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
- Processor: 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm
- Storage: 16 GB
- RAM: 1.5 GB
- Camera: 1.3 MP (front) + 3 MP (rear)
- OS: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Battery life: 10 hours
- Weight: 1.07 lbs.
- Color: Black
This 10.1-inch tablet is from Samsung’s fourth-generation Galaxy series. It’s a must-try if you have used the predecessor models from the Galaxy series.
It comes in a plastic exterior and a Gorilla Glass screen that is smooth on touch and prevents friction. Like all Samsung tablets, this one features bezel edges, and the back plastic resembles cheap leather. Overall, it’s a sturdy tablet that feels premium in the hands and has a functional appearance.
Its powerful processor gives you ample speed and multitasking options. It enables a multi-window feature that can be used to run two applications simultaneously. Moreover, its user-friendly interface makes it all the more fun and easy to use, seven by kids. You may add up to eight profiles in the multi-user mode.
It comes equipped with a high-resolution (1280 x 800) 10.1-inch display that delivers rich graphics, bright colors, and vivid images. It’s your ideal tablet for watching HD movies and videos and playing graphic-intensive games.
- Provides a reasonably functional battery life on a single charge
- It ensures a reliable and excellent performance
- Features side stereos that enable exceptional sound quality
- It offers a 1-year warranty
- Comes equipped with a microSD slot for storage extension of up to 64 GB
- Its display resolution is relatively low
- The camera features poor results
- It’s heavier than other 10.1-inch tablets
6. Fusion5 Review
- Processor: 64-bit MediaTek MT8163 quad-core
- Storage: 32 GB
- RAM: 1 GB DDR3
- Camera: 2 MP (front) + 2 MP (rear)
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Battery life: 7 hours
- Weight: 1.32 lbs.
- Color: Clear
If you are looking to get yourself an affordable tablet with high-level performance, this might just be it. It’s a lightweight tablet that makes it quite a travel-friendly gadget. It features a plastic exterior and a sleek design that fits perfectly in hands, so you may use it while on the go.
Fusion5 comes with a pre-installed screen protector, so you can let the kids mess around with your tablet without having to worry about any potential damage to the screen. Ensures a smooth performance, ample storage, and decent battery life. It allows multitasking for both official and personal purposes. Moreover, the 32 GB built-in storage enables ample computing power.
As for the display, it comes equipped with 1280 x 800 screen resolution with a wide viewing angle and a brightness level of up to 170 degrees. Thus, you can enjoy every moment of watching movies, web surfing, gaming and working on this compact tablet.
- Allows multitasking with several applications open simultaneously
- Features a sleek and smart design that perfectly fits in your hands
- Features front-facing speakers, so you get to enjoy incredible sound quality from all angles
- It comes equipped with ample storage and a microSD slot for expanding it further up to 128 GB
- Multitasking can be further improved
- Battery life is not very impressive
7. Samsung Galaxy Book
- Processor: 2.6 dual-core GHz Intel Core M
- Storage: 64 GB (expandable up to 256 GB)
- RAM: 4 GB
- Camera: 5 MP (front) + 13 MP (rear)
- OS: Windows 10
- Battery Life: 15 hours
- Weight: 1.41 lbs.
- Color: Silver
Here’s another affordable and compact tablet that comes with a complete package with stylus and keyboard.
If you are looking for a fully functional laptop, but the weight is an issue, this portable tablet is all you need. It has a silver metallic chassis and a chunky black bezel. You can hold this portable tablet in both hands for longer durations without being strained.
It is powered by a silent processor that works fairly for web surfing and watching movies but has not been made for intensive gaming. It also uses a fairly low-powered processor, so light multitasking is the best you can achieve with the Galaxy Book.
Galaxy book features a 1920×1280-pixel resolution LCD touchscreen, which allows you to enjoy movies in maximum brightness. Furthermore, the panel is not as reflective as other similar tablets, so you can use it outdoors as well.
- It features a portable design, making it a perfect travel companion
- It comes with a stylus and island-style keyboard
- M3 chipset means it operates silently
- It has been priced reasonably considering its exceptional performance
- Battery life is quite reasonable
- The keyboard stand has not been liked by most first-hand users
- There is no slot for a full-sized USB
- The material quality is not as visually appealing
8. Apple iPad Pro 10.5-Inch
- Processor: Apple A10X with the M10 co-processor
- Storage: 64 GB
- RAM: 2 GB
- Camera: 7 MP (front) + 12 MP (rear)
- OS: iOS 11
- Battery life: 10 hours
- Color: Silver
- Weight: 1.03 lbs.
If you liked the iPad Pro 9.7, you’ll love this upgraded model with a bigger screen, allowing you to enjoy movies and gaming like never before.
It comes in a slim-bezel design that makes the tablet easier to hold and slightly more stretched out than the 9.7 version. The back features aluminum that does not flex easily, and the chamfered edges reflect light as they did in the 9.7 model.
As for performance, the iPad Pro uses a high-powered Fusion processor and features improved storage options. You get more power, more speed and definitely better functionality with this tablet. Moreover, with every charge, it assures a battery life of up to 10 hours.
It features a 2224×1668-pixel resolution IPS LCD retina display. Thus, you can watch HD videos, play graphic-intensive games and do work-related tasks with maximum brightness and unmatched graphics. The contrast is balanced just right and you get to see crisp, vivid and vibrant images.
- Enables excellent sound quality
- It ensures a smooth screen on the touch
- Features a high-powered processor
- It works exceptionally well with the Apple Pencil
- You will fall in love with its amazing display resolution
- It is slightly overpriced
- A fast charger is not included in the package
- The upgrade has been talked about a lot, but it’s not much different from the predecessor
9. Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus
- Processor: 1.8 GHz Snapdragon 652 octa-core
- Storage: 32 GB
- RAM: 3 GB SSD
- Camera: 5 MP (front) + 13 MP (rear)
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Battery life: 15 hours
- Weight: 1.3 lbs.
This tablet from Lenovo is guaranteed to provide you cutting-edge performance and a stylish design. The bigger screen size is a bonus if you enjoy media on your tablet.
It features a unique design. The tablet is housed on a flip-out metal stand that may be used to place it on a table or hang it anywhere you like. The design is compact, but the tablet is not as travel-friendly as other similar tablets. The connectivity options with this tablet are amazing.
Now, for the most important aspect – performance! It comes equipped with a powerful processor that enables multitasking and offers sufficient speed. You can use the tablet for multiple uses simultaneously. It comes with sufficient storage, which may further be extended with the help of the microSD slot provided.
It features a high-definition IPS display with a 2560×1600-pixel resolution, allowing you to view crisp and bright visuals and graphics. If you are fond of gaming, it’s rich and immersive graphics will farewell, promising an unmatched experience.
- Features a QHD screen
- It delivers solid, unmatched performance
- Comes with an exceptional battery life on a single charge
- You can’t help but fall in love with the amazing sound quality of its front-facing speakers
- The package includes an adjustable stand for the tablet
- It features a rotatable camera that takes fantastic photos
- It’s not as lightweight as other tablets
- You may face difficulty loading heavy games
- The software needs upgrades
Why Should You Buy 10-Inch Tablets?
Tablets are usually found in small, medium and large screen sizes. While the 6/7-inch tablets fare well when it comes to portability, 13-inch tablets are huge – more like notebook hybrids. If you are looking for something in between, a 10-inch tablet is an optimal size – neither too small nor too big! Here are a few other reasons that support 10-inch tablets as the more ideal choice of the tablet for work, gaming, and media usage:
Good Screen Size
10-inch tablets have ample screen space for reading, playing games, watching videos and doing productive tasks such as preparing presentations and fixing Excel files. Smaller tablets have cramped and cluttered screens, so multitasking is not as fun. Moreover, if you have eyesight issues, you may want to avoid buying smaller screen tabs.
Fun to Text
Since tablets may also be used for texting, the experience is made better with a large 10-inch tablet. If you had to text on a 6-inch tablet, better stick to your smartphone, no? Thus, if you want to take your texting experience a notch higher, a 10-inch tablet will provide a well-spaced keyboard, making the experience all the more fun!
Awesome Media Experience
10-inch tablets fare better than other sizes because media usage is phenomenal. The screen is neither too small for HD movies, seasons and videos nor too big that it would kill the portability advantage. It’s simply the perfect device that makes media usage fun and interactive.
Choosing a 10-inch Tablet – Buying Guide
A buying guide for tablets is incomplete without mentioning the numerous features that one must look for when making such a purchase decision. Here is a list of essential features to look for:
Tablets are preferred over laptops owing to their lightweight. A heavier tablet will strain your arms if you hold it for a long time. Plus, if you wish to travel back and forth with a tablet, a compact option is ideal. Hence, you must decide on the weight in addition to picking your most preferred size.
This one is a vital factor to account for if the tablet is used for media consumption or for work purposes solely. With display, you are essentially looking for higher resolutions, HD screens and a great combination of brightness, contrast, and graphics. Furthermore, make sure to look for anti-reflective coating in order to utilize the tablet outdoors as reflective screens can be annoying.
The various tablets available in the market offer unique connectivity features. You’ll need Wi-Fi connectivity or a built-in Bluetooth option. The latter is especially useful if you intend to connect a wireless keyboard or mouse to your tablet. Most people come with complaining they having an issue with WiFi single but that’s not the case. You have to improve your router signal with the help of a WiFi booster and wouldn’t face such a problem in the future when your single is strong.
Deciding on a budget is necessary during the initial stages. How much do you intend to spend on the tablet? Can you afford to pay for it? The smaller 7- to 8-inch tablets are cheaper than the large screen options. However, does this tablet come equipped with your choice of features and specifications? If you have figured out the answer to all these questions, you must have already shortlisted a tab that fits into your budget.
This is yet another sought after feature in tablets. What’s the point of a compact and portable tablet if it does not have sufficient battery life for use on the go? Be it gaming or work, long-lasting battery life is a much-needed feature. Hence, you might want to shortlist tablets that offer up to 10 to 15 hours on a single charge.
Here is a list of technical specifications that one must account for when choosing a tablet for purchase.
- Processors – A powerful processor ensures greater performance, which you’ll find inexpensive, high-end tablets such as Apple’s iPad Pro.
- RAM – This is based on your storage needs. You’ll come across RAM options between 1 GB and 4 GB, so choose one that matches your storage needs closely.
- Storage – This one is another essential specification to watch out for. High-end devices provide 128 GB of storage and you may further expand it via the SD card slots provided. Thus, keep an eye out for microSD slots if additional storage is what you need.
Why Should You Choose Android Tablets Over Other OS Tablets?
Android tablets are the most preferred choice among other OS tablets. This is largely because these tablets come bearing the following benefits:
Android tablets come in various shapes and sizes, which you won’t necessarily get with tablets featuring other operating systems. A number of renowned manufacturers offer differently sized tablets. These companies comprise of Acer, Asus, Samsung, and many more. Thus, you can choose from a large variety of shapes, sizes, and designs when it comes to Android.
Many Android tablets run on dual-core processors and higher, which means these tablets may be used for true multitasking, something an iPad might not be able to provide. With the help of powerful processors, these tablets have sufficient computing power to handle multiple applications all at once. While iPads may come with powerful processors, they do not allow most apps to run in the background, so true multitasking cannot be achieved.
Android tablets are quite flexible when it comes to managing notifications. You can choose to alter the type of notification and how each one is received. Essentially, these tablets ensure greater accessibility to all notifications, which iOS has failed to provide. This extent of accessibility is also lacking in other operating systems such as Windows and Fire OS.
In the case of Android, all applications are installed directly from Google Play without the need to sync the device to a computer for every download. This syncing is probably the biggest issue with Apple products. Furthermore, with Android tablets, you can place as many widgets as you want on the home screen, altering their size as you like.
With Android tablets, there is greater functionality and utility in terms of USB ports, SD card slots, keyboard docks, HDMI connectivity, and much more. These basic essentials are not readily available with tablets powered by iOS and Windows. Android has been the most dominant player for allowing all of these across most of its devices, smartphones, and laptops.
Now, you know why the expensive iPad does not do as well as other Android options available in the market for 10-inch tablets.
Do Fire Tablets Run on Android?
Fire is an operating system that has been invented and introduced by Amazon. It’s basically an Android-based mobile OS. Amazon came up with the idea of Fire OS for its Fire phones and Kindle Fire tablets. Thus, all Fire tablets use Fire OS which has been forked from Android.
However, they cannot be called Android OS tablets. They essentially run Android code but not exactly the Android OS. Hence, while the apps you run on a Fire tablet are those made for Android, it is still considered a separate OS. This means Fire OS does not borrow any application or service from Google such as Chrome. Fire centers largely on content consumption while borrowing from content available from Amazon’s own storefronts and services.
Can You Use a Tablet as a Phone?
Well, not all tablets may be used as phones or for making calls and sending text messages. While a few tablets come equipped with 3G or LTE connectivity options, phone functionalities are not provided. However, there are a few tablets that you may essentially use to make phone calls and send text messages. These tablets use the normal SIM card that you would otherwise use on your smartphone.
Therefore, if you are looking to buy a tablet that offers a smartphone functionality, make sure it’s mentioned either in the connectivity section or under technical specifications. If not, it’s advisable to seek assistance regarding this from the manufacturer.
Given below is a list of tablets that may be used as a phone:
Acer Iconia Tab 7
Asus FonePad 7
Huawei MediaPad X1
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
HP Slate 7 VoiceTab
If you are looking for such a tablet, it’s best to choose from the aforementioned list. The size will differ, but these are definitely the best the market has to offer.
By now, you might have made up your mind regarding which 10-inch tablet to opt for based on its features, specifications, pros, and cons. However, if phone functionality is required, you may have to stick to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 as the premium option. Plus, it runs Android – the most preferred choice of the operating system when it comes to tablets.